Traffic/Customs Facilitator – Job Vacancy – with a large diesel engines company based in Desford, UK
- Listed: 4th October 2019 1:19 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
We are currently recruiting for a Traffic/Customs Facilitator for a 6-month rolling contract role, with likely extensions, with a large diesel engines company based in Desford.
An opportunity has arisen within the Supply Chain, working within the imports and exports department. The successful candidate will work within a small shipping team that are responsible, for supporting all shipping and customs compliance activity.
Working alongside a third party-customs provider, to make sure the client parts and products are managed properly and flow across borders in compliance with customs regulatory requirements.
In addition, this role will support Sarbanes Oxley financial controls, in the area of freight pay and revenue recognition.
- Working with a third party customs provider to make sure the facility is HMRC compliant.
- Assist with the machine and part shipments leaving the facility.
- Perform regular monthly assurance checks on duty suspension activity.
- Ensure duty relief authorisations are maintained and data is accurate.
- Perform monthly reporting of stock levels and highlight discrepancies.
- Ensure freight pay and revenue recognition procedures are compliant with Sarbanes Oxley controls.
- Support adhoc import and export queries.
Basic understanding of EU and UK Customs Legislation.
Understanding of import, export, shipping and inventory transactions.
Knowledge of MS products, including Power BI.
Self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative.
Rates of Pay: £10.50ph – £13ph Depending on valid experience.
To apply for this role, please send your up to CV to: email@example.com